[uClibc] buildroot tinyx - mismatch cross.def

daniel widyanto kunil at dsp.itb.ac.id
Sat Jan 22 12:13:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

It seems like buildroot generated cross.def (the cross.def that was
modified by sed), is not 100% match with buildroot target.

Here's what I mean :

#undef i386Architecture
\* If my target is Via C3, this should be i386Architecture *\
#define Arm32Architecture

#define StandardDefines -Dlinux -D__arm__ -D_POSIX.....
\* Should it included in non-ARM target ? *\

#define PostIncDir REPLACE_STAGING_DIR/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.2/include
\* In BuildRoot, it should be replaced with :
   (staging_dir)/lib/gcc/(target-prefix)/(gcc-version)/include
   but the fact, it is replaced by :
   (staging_dir)/lib/gcc-lib/(target-prefix)/3.2/include
*\

The Xserver (Xfbdev / Xvesa) that was generated from this script is able
to run, but always ended with segmentation fault. I think it's because it
refers to the wrong library. Now, I know why my EPIA hangs when X starts.