[uClibc] Compiling BIND 9.3 with uclibc toolchain

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sun Jan 16 04:50:54 UTC 2005

On Sun Jan 16, 2005 at 12:38:28AM +0100, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when trying to compile BIND 9.3 with the buildroot environment I get error
> messages that file existence can't be checked while cross compiling (e.g.
> /dev/ptmx).
>
> How can I configure the buildroot in a way the configures do not handle it
> as a cross compile (host (libc6) and target are both x86 pentium3).

Cross compiling can be a pain in the butt.  To do what you want
you will either need to hack up the configure script to provide
sane defaults when tests cannot be run, or you can do the easy
thing -- download (or build using buildroot) a uClibc x86
development system.  Then chroot into it and compile up BIND 9.3
inside the chroot.