Fw: Re: Re: [uClibc] buildroot cross-compilation target system image

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 10 13:46:48 UTC 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 03:43 am, Eliash wrote:
> Yes but the point is I want to compile only the toolchain for compiling
> mips binaries on i686. And that's the point.

you already do ... when you setup buildroot to compile for mips, it has to
generate a toolchain which can generate it

installing that toolchain in the target is pointless which is why it's only
ever installed into the staging area ... read the documentation on how to use
it :P

> I think it should be possible to add the sopport of chosing the target
> architecture of the 'native toolchain in target' and thus use it than as a
> build environment for that target. Like in LFS - controll all the tools,
> that are used easily.

pointless 'feature'
-mike