[uClibc] buildroot cross-compilation target system image

daniel widyanto kunil at dsp.itb.ac.id
Mon Jan 10 10:17:21 UTC 2005

I think the right term is Canadian cross build (building target toolchain
that run in different host).

To build it take a look at
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc37/doc/crosstool-howto.html

But Mike is right, to build canadian cross tooolchain, you need the target
itself. You cannot chroot into your root image, since the binary files in
your root image is not compatible with your host.

-kunil

> On Sunday 09 January 2005 06:21 pm, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>> I think that what the person wants is to replace the native toolchain
in the root filesystem by an other cross-compilation toolchain. For
example, he wants to generate ARM code with a compiler that runs on a
MIPS architecture.

> i too got the feeling this is what he's going for but i'm really not
inclined
> at all to add support for this kind of hackery
>
> in addition to the toolchain, you'd need native
libraries/binaries/etc... of