[uClibc] buildroot cross-compilation target system image

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Sun Jan 9 23:21:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

Mike Frysinger wrote:

> i really dont understand what you're trying to say, but i'm pretty sure it's
> wrong

I'm not sure I understand what he says the correct way, because he is
quite hard to understand, but here is what I understand :

The current buildroot allows to generate :
  - a cross-compilation toolchain, for example, a toolchain that
generates MIPS code but that runs on a x86 host.
  - a native toolchain, installed in the root filesystem, for example a
toolchain that generates MIPS code and that runs on a MIPS architecture

I think that what the person wants is to replace the native toolchain in
the root filesystem by an other cross-compilation toolchain. For
example, he wants to generate ARM code with a compiler that runs on a
MIPS architecture.

I don't see any reason for which this would be necesarry, but this is
how I understand the thing.

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
KOS: http://kos.enix.org/ - SOS: http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7