[uClibc] Compiling toolchain using buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Tue Jan 4 15:44:35 UTC 2005

Hello,

Mohammed Amine SAYA a écrit :

> Applying toolchain/gcc/2.95/STLport-4.5.3.patch using plaintext:
> patching file Makefile
> can't find file to patch at input line 52
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -urN STLport-4.5.3/src/dll_main.cpp
> STLport-4.5.3-devel/src/dll_main.cpp
> |--- STLport-4.5.3/src/dll_main.cpp     Sat Feb  2 16:11:56 2002
> |+++ STLport-4.5.3-devel/src/dll_main.cpp       Tue Jan  7 15:28:08 2003
> --------------------------
> File to patch:

First of all, I would like to mention that I don't know exactly what
elf2flt is. I suppose it's useful for MMU-less systems, but I don't know
more.

Concerning the compilation problem, I think I found the origin. The
problem is simply that gcc is uncompressed, and then all patches in
toolchain/gcc/2.95/ are applied, which include the STLport patch. But at
this time, STLport has not been downloaded nor uncompressed.

You can try the included patch, that only applies the patch whose
filenames start with numbers in toolchain/gcc/2.95/. It allows the
STLport patch NOT to be applied on GCC. It should be applied later by
STLport compilation process.

It fixes our problem, GCC compilation starts. I don't know if STLport
compilation works nor if the resulting compilation toolchain work.

Anyway, maybe this small patch should be applied to CVS, in this form,
or some other cleaner form. Erik, what do you think ?

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
http://kos.enix.org, http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7