[uClibc] amd64 issues

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Thu Feb 17 14:38:08 UTC 2005

2 things about amd64.

1. You can mostly build an i386 buildroot on an x86-64 machine. You need to add
-m32 in the CFLAGS for the build. Only problem I have had so far is building
bash where one file is built without the passed flags, making this one file
by hand seems to fix it but it is slightly obscure...

rm -f mkbuiltins.o
gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSHELL  -I. -I..  -I.. -I../include -I../lib -I.    -g mkbuiltins.c
gcc -rdynamic -Os -pipe -m32  -o mkbuiltins mkbuiltins.o
/usr/bin/ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `mkbuiltins.o' is incompatible with i386 output

Will see if there are any other issues when the build finishes, but it looks
good.

Ah another:
e2fsprogs-1.35/util
again programs being built without passed flags - BUILD_CC vs CC mixup -
fixing BUILD_CC=gcc -m32 in this directory fixes that

2. Someone was porting uclibc to x86-64 I seem to remember some months ago.
Anyone know what state this got to? It didnt sound as if there was a lot of
work to make a port (maybe someone could summarise) and I could have a go
at it.