[uClibc] Now using Subversion

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 9 18:10:34 UTC 2005

As some of you may have already noticed, the busybox.net and
uclibc.org repositories have been switched from using CVS to
instead use Subversion (svn), which is a much better version and
more flexible control system that behaves and acts a lot lot CVS,
while avoiding the painful design and implementation problems
that have always plagued CVS and annoyed developers.  Full
details on how to access the new svn repositories for BusyBox,
uClibc, buildroot, etc can be found here:

	http://busybox.net/subversion.html
	http://uclibc.org/subversion.html

I am keeping the old CVS archive online for a little while yet to
help people update any local work they may still have in their
old CVS trees, so they can more easily merge that work into svn.
Just remember there will come a day in the near future when I
pull the plug on CVS forever.  You have been warned....

Switching things over to svn has taken a decent bit of time and
effort.  As you may have noticed, patches have not been getting
checked in for a little while.  Now that I have things switched,
patches to busybox will again be merged.  Many thanks to those
that have been sending their patches to the patch tracking system.
That really helps simply the process of getting patches merged.

    http://bugs.uclibc.org/
    http://bugs.busybox.net/

Patches that were merely sent to the list but not submitted to
the bug and patch tracking system are not likely to be merged any
time soon, since I don't have the time to grovel about in the
list archives looking for potentially lost patches.  Thanks for
understanding!