[uClibc] init failed, "No such file or directory"

bing_cheng at wneweb.com.tw bing_cheng at wneweb.com.tw
Sat Feb 5 03:41:12 UTC 2005

ld-uClibc.so.0 and ld-uClibc.0.9.27.so do exist
under /lib which is also the path in /sbin/init,
and they both have the executable flag set.

I'm think the system couldn't find the dynamic
library loader (ld-uClibc.so.0) for some reason.
I put a crash code line like "*(int *)0 = 1;" at
the beginning of LD_BOOT(); the execve() still
gets an error return (ENOENT) instead of crash.

Does execve() return an error like ENOENT even
when the ld-xxx crashes?

Thanks.

--Bing

Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> on 2005/02/05 09:26:32 AM

 To:      uclibc at uclibc.org

 cc:      (bcc: Bing Cheng/WNC/Wistron)

 Subject: Re: [uClibc] init failed, "No such file or
          directory"

This document is classified as     Normal

On Friday 04 February 2005 08:13 pm, bing_cheng at wneweb.com.tw wrote:
> This document is classified as     Normal
>
> Subject:  Re: [uClibc] init failed, "No such file or directory"  (Document
> link: Bing Cheng)
>

> Hi, Mike,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> However, the `readelf -d init | grep NEEDED` only
> shows [libc.so.0] which, as well as libuClibc-0.9.27.so, do
> exist on /lib. Any more idea?
>
> --Bing

A) Does it have the dynamic loader executable?  (ld-uClibc.so.0)
B) Are the things it's looking for at the right paths where it can find them?

Run it under strace.

Rob