Functions not really "compliant"

Natanael Copa mlists at tanael.org
Fri Dec 30 09:41:55 UTC 2005

On tor, 2005-12-29 at 20:05 +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The attached list is what coreutils' configure detects as uncompliant
> functions and replaces them w/ the gnu counterparts (xstr* replace str*
> for ex.). This is not really good for embedded if anyone intends to put
> more than busybox on the target, because each app will become bigger as
> needed, having static versions built into them.
> Should we try to get these tests pass on uClibc, so we don't end up w/
> static versions compiled in?

Would this increase the size of uclibc for those who don't use
coreutils?

Would it be possible to add getaddrinfo() to the list of funtions not really "compliant"?

ipsec-tools-0.6  fails to compile with this error:

checking getaddrinfo bug... buggy
configure: error: Broken getaddrinfo() is no longer supported. Aborting.

--
Natanael Copa