fnmatch/regex in uClibc

Rob uclibc at paypc.com
Fri Dec 23 04:19:04 UTC 2005

Quoting Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>:

> i would make fnmatch a suboption of new regex and not bother with old
> regex ... so people can have:
> new regex w/out fnmatch
> new regex w/fnmatch
> old regex w/out fnmatch

Geez...  what a mess.  I don't suppose it's possible to fix or bridge whatever
is problematic between the old + new regex libraries (I imagine for
longer-term maintenance, harmonising things with the new would be better if
possible) so that one regex library is used, and even better, used by whatever
utilities need regex, as opposed to various "wildcat" versions embedding
various versions of it?

Was fnmatch() one of the culprit functions which made that call to ___mempcpy()?

=R=