buildroot network driver

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Thu Dec 22 14:22:57 UTC 2005

pavan shah wrote:
>  I have compiled and installed buildroot properly.Using the buildroot
>    filesystem I can boot properly.
>    But I have folllowing queries regarding buildroot:
>    1)I have Realtek 8139 network card in my host system.
>    I want buildroot to detect it and load an appropriate driver for it.
>    How can i do that?

Your question has nothing to do with buildroot, but rather with the Linux
kernel, modutils and start up scripts. Look for files in '/etc/init.d'
that have 'modules' in the name. Also, look at the actual modutils package:

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/modutils/
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/modutils/v2.4/

which has all of the applications to load kernel modules. Or, how about
actually compiling your network driver into your kernel. If you do not
know how to do that, you should not even be on this list.

-Steve