uClibc build failure

Lei Sun lei_sun at comcast.net
Wed Dec 21 06:52:51 UTC 2005

Hi glenn:
  Sorry , i wasn't clear in my last email.
I meant, in my gcc-3.4.2/gcc/config/arm/linux-elf.h file, the "-lfoat" has
already been removed.

But I am still seeing the config error:

checking main in -lm, error: link tests are not allowed after
GCC_NO_EXECUTABLE.
config.log doesn't show anything except this error message.
For a few times ( i forgot which part i rebuilt), the failed configure
happened when checking for shared libgcc, same type of error , link tests
are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLE.

Moreover, i think buildroot didn't handle dependency correctly, the document
says i can reconfigure and rebuild uClibc by copying .config file into
package/uClibc/uClibc.config, but it didn't work for me. It won't rebuild
untill I run "make clean" in uClibc build directory. And that was when the
pain begain. It never get succesfully rebuilt.

Thanks, appreciate!

lei