uClibc build failure

Lei Sun lei_sun at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 20:15:11 UTC 2005

Hi all:
   I had the buildroot with following combinations

gcc-3.4.2
binutils-2.16.1
uClibc-0.9.28

I had successuly built the entire toolchain and was able to build uClinux, later on i found some problems and run a "make clean" in
boochain_build_armeb_nofpu/uClibc-0.9.28 directory, tried to rebuild the uClibc. This was when the pain begain, i couldn't build uClibc anymore, it gave me error when configuring libstdc++v3

checking for main in -lm... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lsun/buildroot/toolchain_build_armeb_nofpu/gcc-3.4.2-final'
make: *** [/home/lsun/buildroot/toolchain_build_armeb_nofpu/gcc-3.4.2-final/.compiled] Error 2

I googled around and found a few post with the same problem, but didn't find solution.  I tried to disable C++ support(although i need it ), but it still try to configure libstd++ when executing buildroot compilation.

Can anybody shed some lights on me?

Thank you!
lei