Trouble with strerror_r

Joshua ChaitinPollak jpollak at kivasystems.com
Tue Dec 13 01:20:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble with strerror_r, specifically trying to compile
CommonCpp. I found someone having exactly the same problem over a
year ago, but when he wrote to the list he didn't get any responses:

http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-November/010526.html

I'm compiling on x86, not arm, but the end result is the same:

In file included from
/home/buri/uclibc/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_arm/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/../arm-
linux-uclibc/sys-include/sys/un.h:38,
                   from ../include/cc++/config.h:731,
                   from thread.cpp:41:
/home/buri/uclibc/gcc-3.3.x/toolchain_arm/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/../arm-
linux-uclibc/sys-include/string.h:273:
error: parse
     error before `char'

The relevant line of string.h, 273, is:

extern char *__REDIRECT (strerror_r,
                           (int __errnum, char *__buf, size_t buflen)
__THROW, _glibc_strerror_r);

And immediate above that spot it mentions uclibc.

Is this a uclibc bug, or a commoncpp bug, and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help,

Josh

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak