Buildroot compile problem on x86_64

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 7 05:16:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 22:15, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:42:40PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > >
> > > x86_64 isnt usuable atm, so unless you plan on helping develop the
> > > x86_64/uClibc port, just use x86/uClibc
> >
> > What's missing?
>
> lazy relocation (although jocke sent me a patch that should fix it) and
> in general, just testing the port to make sure everything works
> -mike

Testing I can do.  Once I get my firmware 0.9 release out (which is now two
days overdue, and in an hour will be three), I'll be trying to get it to work
on x86-64.

(I spent a week and change bothering Jeff Dike to get User Mode Linux to work
on x86-64 already.  Resulted in four separate patches to UML before it all
worked.  Prepare to be bothered.)

Let me know when current -svn of uClibc is in a "nothing actually _known_ to
be wrong with it" state, and I'll thump.  But not before saturday...

P.S.  Anybody know where I can get root filesystem images for other
architectures with a working copy of gcc on them?  I want to play with qemu's
support for arm, ppc, x86-64, and perhaps mips.  (Screw sparc, I don't care,
and don't know anybody who does.)

I have a to-do item to figure out how to make cross-compiling work, but it's
pretty far down on the list...

Rob