busybox segfault in __uClibc_main

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 7 03:50:54 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 11:32, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Maybe(need to check my assembler skills I guess), I read it as:
> if(r4)
>    r8 = 0;
>
> r4 holds argc and I don't get how it can be anything but non zero so
> this should always clear r8 and you don't want that for dynamic apps.

Modifying argc and argv the way the current stable busybox does sucketh
mightily.  (It might be a bug that uclibc sets things up so that doing this
segfaults, but it's still a very dodgy thing busybox is doing.)

Does moving to -pre1 fix it for you?  In about three weeks, this should be the
new busybox -stable and it would be nice if we work on uClibc 0.9.28 on PPC
with the 2.6.14 kernel...

>  Jocke

Rob