basic Buildroot from scratch tutorial found

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Fri Dec 2 15:17:52 UTC 2005

David,

-----Original Message-----
From: uclibc-bounces at uclibc.org [mailto:uclibc-bounces at uclibc.org] On Behalf
Of David Smoot
Sent: donderdag 1 december 2005 18:12
To: uClibc at uclibc.org
Subject: basic Buildroot from scratch tutorial found

For the 90% of listers that are relatively fluent in busybox /uclibc, ignore
this email, this is for the small percentage like me who joined this list
because they lack understanding of busybox.

I'm still a relative newbie on busybox but have been working in my spare
time to pull myself up the learning curve.  I stumbled across some pretty
good reference material by accident this morning that has greatly helped me
understand busybox and uclibc.  Thought I would share:

http://free-electrons.com/articles/elfs/en  A tutorial on a quick embedded
system buildup using buildroot.

http://free-electrons.com/articles/optimizations/en A longer more general
embedded linux presentation.

Anyway, it helped me so maybe someone else on the list can benefit.
David Smoot
 Thanks man... these are very helpfull...
(Sorry for the previous post... guess I hit the ctrl key while pressing
enter...

Cheers,
Rory