Building ARM binaries with uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 1 16:55:53 UTC 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 01:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:44:59PM +0300, Bishop wrote:
> > I built my ARM toolchain with binutils-2.16.1, gcc-4.0.2 and
> > uClibc-0.9.28. Linux kernel 2.6.14 works on target mashine. But linker
> > searches for crt0.o, when I try to build busybox-1.01.
>
> sounds like your cross-compiler was misconfigured ... gcc isnt finding
> the uclibc files where it expects them
>
> why dont you use crosstool or buildroot to generate your cross-compiler
> instead of doing it by hand yourself

I got the darn C compiler working, by hand, by applying sed against the source
code and my old friend "process of elimination".  Current to-do items of mine
include:

A) Clean it up to use "--host" and "--target" (where possible).
B) Cross-compile for arm, ppc, and x86_64 and test the result under qemu.

When I do this, I mean to write up a howto.  Feel free to remind me, to-do
items tend to get buried on ye olde list...

> -mike

Rob