Delphi/Kylix app on uClibc???

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Thu Dec 1 01:31:43 UTC 2005

> On 30 Nov 2005 at 11:34, Rory Vieira wrote:
>
> > I think your question is 'out of the question'.
> > AFAIK (and I should as I use Delphi/Kylix a lot) Kylix produces
> > binaries that ALWAYS need Libc6. Even if you say to Delphi/Kylix to
> > produce static binaries, it will still depend on libc/ld-linux.
>
> I installed Kylix3_open and made a simple hello world program.
> readelf -d showed that it needed libpthread.so.0, libdl.so.2, and
> libc.so.6.

Problem solved??? ---

I copied ld-2.2.5.so, libc-2.2.5.so and libdl-2.2.5.so from Red Hat
7.3 to my buildroot /lib directory running on the same hardware.
Added symlinks from ld-linux.so.2, libc.so.6 and libdl.so.2
respectively.

And the Kylix application runs!  Of course those glibc libraries add
about 1.5MB to a system that was less than 4MB to begin with, but if
that saves hours and hours of programming I think we can deal with
it.  We'll see how things progress...

We are also looking into using freepascal (fpc) as a compiler for our
"legacy" code, as it can an executable without any external
dependencies.

- Joe

--
Joseph M. Dupré