[uClibc] Is this a uclibc problem or a busybox problem?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Aug 27 11:03:46 UTC 2005

My firmware linux distro uses busybox in place of the gnu utilities while
building uClibc, and guess what happens if you "make install_dev" in
uClibc-0.9.28 with busybox tar?

bash-2.05b# make install_dev
install -d /usr/lib
install -d /usr/include
install -m 644 lib/*.[ao] /usr/lib/
if [ ""/usr/include/linux"" == "/usr/" ] ; then \
        extra_exclude="--exclude include/linux --exclude include/asm'*'" ; \
else \
        extra_exclude="" ; \
fi ; \
tar -chf - include --exclude .svn --exclude CVS $extra_exclude \
        | tar -xf - -C /usr/
tar: CVS: No such file or directory
# Remove iconv header since locale support is disabled.
rm -f /usr/include/iconv.h

And so on.  (Nope, the install doesn't fail, exits quite happily, it just
doesn't install anything much in/usr/include...)

Thus my question: is this a busybox bug, a uClibc bug, or both?

Rob