[uClibc] Crosstool patches

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Fri Aug 26 03:04:05 UTC 2005

Hamish Guthrie wrote:

> I saw there was a post and a patch in the bug tracker from shuhao_chang
> and a follow up by sjhill a few months ago to incorporate a crosstool
> glibc environment. I have searched but found no references in the
> mailing list to this 'feature'.

Apply the patch, supply the prefix of your tools and the path to those
tools and then type 'make'. It's that simple with crosstools. If you
are using a toolchain other than crosstool or building a uClibc-based
one, you are on your own. Patches are welcome, but you solve the
problems associated with a 3rd-party toolchain. It's not our problem.

> I went back to svn rev 10496 and Steve's patch applied cleanly, but of
> course a huge amount has changed since then and although there is only 1
> tiny chage required for the patch file to apply cleanly to the latest
> svn rev, some of the newer stuff (fakeroot etc), are quite broken.

Not anymore. I just uploaded a new patch against the latest buildroot
environment dated today. The fakeroot stuff is also fixed.

-Steve