[uClibc] pty support: /dev/pty/m* /dev/pty/s*

Maillists maillists at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 19 07:38:49 UTC 2005

Hi Erik

I would not mind using /dev/pts. Therefore I just recompiled the kernel
with UNIX98_PTYS set in xconfig. The system boots and I now have both,
the /dev/pty/m[0-255] AND the /dev/ptmx.
At least two of the apps (telnetd and ftpd) that came with that
distribution quit work.
Guess for us it a question of either extending uClibc for
/dev/pty/m[0-255] support or checking all apps and patching some of them.

Roman