[uClibc] Re: [uClibc-cvs] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/kernel-headers

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Thu Aug 18 23:23:33 UTC 2005

sjhill at uclibc.org wrote:

> Log:
> Remove usage of CONFIG_BASE_SMALL so that the latest LTP code will compile for buildroot. Normally, this option is defined in 'include/linux/config.h'. The actual configuration language is found in the Linux 2.6 kernel in the file 'init/Kconfig' and normally has the value of 0.
>
> Added:
>    trunk/buildroot/toolchain/kernel-headers/linux-libc-headers-2.6.12.0-config-base-small.patch

I just wanted some feedback from anyone who has a better idea. The problem is
that compiling the latest LTP using Linux 2.6 does not work. The issue is with
CONFIG_BASE_SMALL being undefined. It is normally selected in 'init/Kconfig'
and thus it ends up being defined in 'include/linux/config.h' which is not
included in the libc-headers used to build uClibc. My solution was to patch
the headers and remove usage of it all together. It is normally set to 0 for
all but a few odd configurations. Comments or ideas welcome.

-Steve