[uClibc] Buildroot & QT

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Aug 17 03:20:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:44 pm, Allan Clark wrote:
> Vincent wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has somebody success to do a buildroot package for QT 3 ?
>
> Are you thinking of Qt/E-3, or Qt/E-2.3.x ?  Often, it seems Qt/E-2.3.x
> is used for speed/size issues.
exactly.

> I was interested in doing a ptxdist and buildroot config.  My pressing
> concern is Qt/E-2.3.11, but Qt-4 is out and the new Qtopia is coming.  I
> can also tailor something for that.
>
> I was going to start after LinuxWorldBeijing (2005-08-17) (google "Allan
> Clark LinuxWorld") but I've kinda got something running with a limited
> set of versions.  The Qt/E-2.3.x with Qtopia requires up to four
> different source archives, plus tmake, to build, which is horrendous. :(

To get qtopia build, you need qt/e 2.3.x, qt 2.3-x11,  tmake (which is a perl
script and only qt/e 2.3 and qt2.3-x11 needs it), and qtopia.
Qt3 is only needed for language/translation tools, lupdate and lrelease, so
this is optional.
I believe the upcoming qtopia 2.2 package will be one package of all.

I have built qtopia 2.1 with uclibc. The tricky part is that qtopia configure
uses heavy perl modules (if you use the chroot uclibc method)

> testing:
> Qt/E-2.3.10
> Qt-3.3.4
> Qt-2.3.2 (qvfb, moc)
> Qtopia-2.1.1
> xplatform linux-generic-g++
>
> (apparently qtopia-2.1.1 has no arm-linux-g++ :( )
>
> Allan

Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager
irc.freenode.net #qtopia