[uClibc] Buildroot & QT

Patrick Noffke Patrick.Noffke at adpro.com.au
Wed Aug 17 00:33:31 UTC 2005

I've done a cross build of Qt/E-3.3.3 using my buildroot toolchain, but not from within the buildroot system (yet, anyway).  You need to extract the tarball from within QTDIR/mkspecs/qws, and configure Qt/E to your liking, but specify the -embedded br option.  My configure flags are listed in Readme.txt within the tarball.

I also use the attached script to run KDevelop, which nicely sets up my environment variables (QTDIR, QMAKESPEC, and PATH).  I then create a qmake project within KDevelop, and run qmake from within the QMake manager.  This recreates the Makefiles for the Qt/E + buildroot compilation.  For development and testing, just run KDevelop using the Qt/X11 (probably already on your host), and rerun qmake to be able to build and test on your host.

I was unable to use automake & friends from within KDevelop.  Apparently you can specify the --with-qt-dir and --enable-embedded configure flags, but I couldn't get it to work.

I've also gotten Qt/E-3.3.4 to work, but a file within Qt needed to be patched.  It failed to compile -- something was looking for fenv.h.  The fix is at home, but I can send it later if you want.

Regards,
Patrick