Antw: Re: [uClibc] RE: [Patch]: getcwd() does not work with old kernels 2.0

Harald Küthe Harald.Kuethe at controlware.de
Mon Aug 15 06:55:18 UTC 2005

I know that 2.0 is ancient, but since uclinux still supports 2.0 and it
really ->is<- a bug in uclibc why not fix it.

I only know that the problem is on my 2.0 box but i don't know if other
kernels are affected as well, it depends on the __NR_getcwd define.
If you don't want to get it fixed than you can cut out most of the
stuff in getcwd.c because it won't work.

Regards
Harald

http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=7408&sortby=file&view=rev

> Here is my patch which fixes the getcwd() call at least at my
arm7tdmi
> linux-2.0.x uClinux board. It seems nobody is using that old stuff
:-)

i think the consensus is that 2.4 and 2.6 are supported, we'll touch up
2.2
support if it doesnt involve anything over the top, but 2.0 is not
supported
-mike