[uClibc] compiling 'gdbserver' with uclibc toolchain

Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Thu Aug 11 18:24:45 UTC 2005

Hi Roman,

> Tried to compile gdbserver-6.3 fro ARM target and failed. I'm using
> uClibc-0.9.15
> I followed these steps:
> 1) cd $GDB_SRC/gdbserver
> 2) ./configure --target=arm-linux
> 3) make CC=${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc LD=${CROSS_COMPILE}ld

This isn't really a uclibc question. This is the set of instructions I used
the last time I built gdbserver:

cd gdb/gdbserver
rm config.h
mkdir build-arm
cd build-arm
CC=arm-gcc CFLAGS=--static sh ../configure --target=armv5b-linux
make

This assumes your compiler is 'arm-gcc'. You should be able to use arm-linux
in place of armv5b-linux

I just tried it again and it still works (using uClibc 0.9.26 & gdb-6.3)

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada