[uClibc] Preliminary uClibc NPTL support checked in to branch...

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue Aug 9 06:19:03 UTC 2005

Greetings.

I just finished checking in all of my latest NPTL code for uClibc. First,
it will NOT work. All of the changes checked in build a complete toolchain
and buildroot for MIPS only, but the binaries produced will not work.

I would like to have the other architecture maintainers to start trying
to build NPTL support for their machines. Meanwhile, I will start debugging
statically linked binaries with NPTL/TLS support and then proceed on to
getting the dynamic loader beat into shape. I am very pleased that all of
the changes made do not break the old linuxthreads model and are, IMHO,
clean and unobtrusive. Comments and questions are welcome. Be nice, or I
will rip your head off. It's late and I am a bit cranky. I suggest that
those of you brave enough to begin testing on other architectures, take
a trip through my development pages at:

    http://www.realitydiluted.com/nptl-uclibc

to get a feel for all the work that I have done. I have literally a couple
hundred hours in this effort so far and a quite a few more to go. Thanks
for your patience. Thank you also to Broadcom for their support.

-Steve