[uClibc] bug in MIPS toolchain under buildroot

Matt Fischer tadowguy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:02:39 UTC 2005

On 8/6/05, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 06 August 2005 01:16 am, Matt Fischer wrote:
> > First let me congratulate you, this is a great product!  However, I
> > think I may have found a bug.  I was building the MIPS-1 (little
> > endian) tool chain.  I selected the LE option...  Everything built,
> > but the compiler was producing Big Endian binaries:
> >
> > a.out: ELF 32-bit MSB MIPS-I executable, MIPS, version 1 (SYSV),
> > dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
> >
> > I figured I made a mistake, nuked the directories, and started over.
> > Still seeing the same error.  Is the LE flag being ignored
> > inadvertently?  Any ideas?
>
> works fine for me with latest buildroot ...
>
> did you maybe select 'big endian' when the uClibc menu came up ?
> -mike

I'm sure I did not.  I tried it for a third time today.  Here is the
relevant portion of my uClibc config file:

HAVE_ELF=y
ARCH_SUPPORTS_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
TARGET_ARCH="mips"
ARCH_CFLAGS="-mno-split-addresses"
ARCH_SUPPORTS_BIG_ENDIAN=y
# CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_1 is not set
# CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_2 is not set
# CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_3 is not set
# CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_4 is not set
CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_MIPS32=y
# CONFIG_MIPS_ISA_MIPS64 is not set
ARCH_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
# ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN is not set

Cuz you know the phrase, "Once again its on".
                      -- Tadowguy --