[uClibc] memory leak ideas?

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:36:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

1. I'm using uclibc 0.9.27 with busybox 1.00, linux 2.4.31
2. I have a number of applications running started from init with respawn.
3. when some conditions occur, I simply exit the programs and let init
   restart them
4. The processor is an 8245 ppc and the program does not use dynamic
allocation but uses shared memory.

[snip]
After some time, I get the following infamous messages:
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process klogd
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process dropbear
[snip]

This seems to me that memory is getting fragmented, though I cannot
immediately see where this is coming from.

are there any pointers as where this problem might be coming from or
pointers as where to investigate further?

--
  greetz, marc
Rygel, what a surprise. I see you're having something to eat. Is this