[uClibc] uclibc++ test failed

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Fri Apr 29 21:45:33 UTC 2005

> If gcc/g++ is native (using libstdc++), then building wchartest.cpp fails:
> :6: error: `wcout' is not a member of `std'
> :8: error: expected `;' before 'test'
> :9: error: 'test' was not declaredin this scope
> :10: error: `wcout' is not a member of `std'
>
> After installing uclibc++ and using it instead of libstdc++, the file can
> be built.
>
> Peter

Sorry I haven't been active much recently - I was in my lastsemester of school
and needed to finish my degree/thesis project.  I also just found out that my
development machine has bad RAM and I can't afford to replace it just as of
yet.

As to the above, it looks as although libstdc++ was not configured with wide
character support.  This is quite reasonable given that it is a development
machine, though the configuration for gcc/g++ should allow you to enable
support.

-	Garrett