[uClibc] /proc/self/maps

Matthieu it matthieu.it at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:04:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

2005/4/26, Allan Clark <allanc at chickenandporn.com>:
> Matthieu it wrote:
>
> >I wonder what the "---p" maps are. Do they count in the actual memory
> >used by the process ?
> >
> It's a page-marking: (linux-2.6.8/fs/proc/task_mmu.c at 94)

> Seems to mean "!sharable" ie private.  Not completely sure, just
> grepping for you.  Anyone feel to second the guess?

Thank you for your reply. I see that ---p mean :
not readable, not writable, not executable, private.
What is the purpose of such segment ?
Does it handle memory that is actually used by the process ( like rw-p
segments ) or does it handle memory shared across processes (like
shared libraries r-xp segments for example) ?

Regards,

--
M.I.