[uClibc] gcc library location ... lib/gcc/ vs. lib/gcc-lib/

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 26 13:01:23 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 05:44 am, Peter Schueller wrote:
> Do I have to test for this location in my Makefiles or is it possible to
> retrieve this location by calling the gcc with a special parameter?

i think you have it backwards maybe ?  afaik, gcc-3.x uses 'gcc-lib' while
gcc-4.x just uses 'gcc' ...

in reality you shouldnt have to know the internal library paths ... but you
could use some shell foo to extract it from say `gcc
-print-libgcc-file-name` ...

> Why are the locations different?

ask the gcc devs why they decided to change the location ... its not something
uclibc does :)
-mike