[uClibc] [buildroot 0000220]: buildroot: Problems building genext2fs

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Fri Apr 8 12:42:56 UTC 2005

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
<http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=220>
Reported By:                kk
Assigned To:                uClibc
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   220
Category:                   Architecture Specific
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             04-08-2005 05:42 PDT
Last Modified:              04-08-2005 05:42 PDT
I tried to run buildroot on an Interix host system (with most Interix
programs replaced by GNU versions).

There were two problems building genext2fs:

1.) genext2fs unconditionally includes "getopt.h". This is a non-POSIX
header which does not exist on my system. By POSIX standards, getopt is
declared in "unistd.h".

2.) genext2fs uses a function named "getline" to read from a file. This
function is nonstandard and does not exist on my system, linking fails.

Issue History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change