[uClibc] Re: ld.so loading "false" libs (Mike Frysinger)

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Wed Sep 29 19:51:07 UTC 2004

> mixing a similar topic...
>
> > i havent confirmed this but i think what you were talking about before with
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH would work ... then again, you probably already tried it
> > meaning it doesnt work :)
> >
> > from my experience, i'd say ld has this behavior (someone please correct me):
> > - check LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > - check hardcoded paths
> > - check /etc/ld.so.conf
> >
> > currently uclibc has a diff behavior (iirc):
> > - check LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > - check /etc/ld.so.cache
> > - check hardcoded paths
>
> I think this is already reversed in cvs (0928), first hardcoded, after
> that cache. Jocke?

No, it is not reversed. /etc/ld.so.cache is checked before hard coded paths. I don't
understand why one would like change that. The cache is there to speed things up and
searching the hard coded paths first will slow ldso down.

Glibc's ldconfig adds the hard coded paths to the cache before adding the dirs in ld.so.conf, why
do that if the hard coded paths are searched before looking in the cache?

 Jocke