[uClibc] ld.so loading "false" libs

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 29 12:49:09 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 08:36 am, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> You're right.  Actually what I was doing was using a gcc that used an
> ld-linux that was not prefixed in the usual /usr (LFS bootstrap).  In
> this case I needed to get gcc/ld to pick up my libraries from
> <my_prefix>/X11, rather than the one specified in /etc/ld.so.conf.  In
> many ways it's a little unfortunate that ld does look in
> /etc/ld.so.conf.  Do you know an easy way of overriding this, or
> changing this behaviour.

i havent confirmed this but i think what you were talking about before with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH would work ... then again, you probably already tried it
meaning it doesnt work :)

from my experience, i'd say ld has this behavior (someone please correct me):
- check LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- check hardcoded paths
- check /etc/ld.so.conf

currently uclibc has a diff behavior (iirc):
- check LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- check /etc/ld.so.cache
- check hardcoded paths

there is a comment in the shared library loader that no specification really
defines whether cache should come before hardcoded paths, but perhaps uclibc
should change to match ld ?  that way compile link time order is the same as
runtime link order ...
-mike