[uClibc] Re: ld.so loading "false" libs (Mike Frysinger)

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 29 12:30:46 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 03:50 am, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> 1. the check in ldconfig for duplicates can be totally ignored if the
> cache is not used (my fault)

k ... not sure how to fix this though :)

> 2. I had the feeling that the ldso and utils directories are
> handled somewhat differently as the others, they do not "inherit"
> everything, linke CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, these files do not use __x__
> (enabled by .config's x option) where possible, instead they define
> specials like

if by 'inherit' you mean they simple include features.h (where __x__ flags are
defined) somewhere along the way, then i would have to say they do ... they
dont directly include features.h themselves (maybe they should ?), but the
patch i sent out did scan the cache when i built it so that means somehow,
features.h got included

> 3. My idea w/ PIE was to enforce shareable_text_segments only if it is
> possible (it is only possible if build_uclibc_ldso is enabled), else I do
> not care (these are non-native cases, using ld-linux.so.2), that's why I
> haven't added BUILD_UCLIBC_LDSO. An own ldso is not a requirement for PIE
> (it was only in early times where ld.so was patched and ifdef'd) now if
> you enable PIE the only change is that you build Scrt1.o too. Requirement
> is though shared support (HAVE_SHARED), there exist no static-PIE's (yet)

this is beyond me; i added that small hunk because when you're in `make
menuconfig`, the ET_DYN option would disappear if i disabled shared library
loader support ... i guess according to what you've said, the ET_DYN bit
needs to moved down below the ldd/cache options
-mike