[uClibc] Re: ld.so loading "false" libs (Mike Frysinger)

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Sep 29 08:46:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> Hello!
>
> 2. I had the feeling that the ldso and utils directories are
> handled somewhat differently as the others, they do not "inherit"
> everything, linke CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, these files do not use __x__
> (enabled by .config's x option) where possible, instead they define
> specials like
>
> in ldso:
> ifeq ($(FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS),y)
> some_flag+=-DFORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS
> endif
>
> in utils:
> ifeq ($(LDSO_LDD_SUPPORT),y)
> some_flag+=-D__LDSO_LDD_SUPPORT
> endif
>
> I don't really know the reason, that's why I used -D__LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT.
> I think these should be used the same way if possible.
> Erik?

After some checking I think the above have to remain, because we do not
include the header defining __x__ stuff, so the ldso and utils dirs do not
see any of the __x__ defines (well to be consistent, maybe prepend __ to
FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS) and we need the
ifeq ($(LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT),y)
some_flag=-D__LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT
endif

The LDSO_CONF/CACHE/PRELOAD path is redundant (w/ Mike's patch), it should
be only in one place, also the search path for the libraries should only
be in one place so that ld.so, ldconfig and ldd uses this.

The preload support is ifdef'd w/ SUPPORT_LDSO_PRELOAD_FILE in ldso.c, but
not defined, what should happen (option for it?)

The cache "search" function in ldd.c and dl-elf.c are also common, why not
only one of them (maybe moving dl-cache.h to ldso/include)?

Peter