[uClibc] ld.so loading "false" libs

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Sep 28 20:08:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Erik Andersen wrote:

> What I think should be done is
>
>     *) Someone that cares about USE_CACHE should fix that option
> 	up to be sure it works, and give it a proper config entry
> 	in extra/Configs/Config.in, and rename it to something
> 	more appropriate such as LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT.
>
>     *) When LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT=n, UCLIBC_RUNTIME_PREFIX /usr/X11R6/lib
> 	should be included in the default library search path in
> 	dl-elf.c, ldd, and ldconfig.
>
>     *) When LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT=y, UCLIBC_RUNTIME_PREFIX /usr/X11R6/lib
> 	should be excluded from the default library search path in
> 	dl-elf.c, ldd, and ldconfig, and those wishing to include
> 	X11 stuff should add that into /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run
> 	ldconfig.

I'll do the above

>     *) At present, LDSO_CONF and LDSO_CACHE use the same names
> 	and same structure as glibc.  This precludes
> 	LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT being uses in any sane fashion on a
> 	dial glibc and uClibc system.  Just as it was necessary
> 	for use to use a different name for 'libuClibc' rather
> 	than 'libc', and 'ld-uClibc.so.0' rather than
> 	'ld-linux.so.2' it seems that these configuration files
> 	really ought to be given different names.

What names would be fine (I think ld.so.preload should change too):
ld.uclibc.[conf,cache,preload]
or
ld-uClibc.so.[conf,cache,preload]
or
lduc.so.[conf,cache,preload]

I came across
#ifdef DEBUG
LDSO_CONF ../util/ld.so.conf
#else
LDSO_CONF UCLIBC_RUNTIME_PREFIX ld.so.conf
#endif

Is this in use?
If yes should the path for DEBUG not be ../../utils/ld.so.conf?

Peter