[uClibc] gdb: error initializing thread_db library

Caj Nordström caj.nordstrom at beamex.com
Thu Sep 23 07:08:48 UTC 2004

I am using a system done with buildroot-20040915.tar.bz2, using
uclibc snapshot.
When I try to debug out multi-thread application with gdbserver
this error message appears:
gdb: error initializing thread_db library.
The gdbserver is working somehow but not fully. The full gdb
done with the same buildroot is working OK. At least at startup it prints.
(no debugging symbols found)...[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
The gdb version included is 6.1.1
I have also tried some other older versions with the same problem
I am sending to this list when I think it has to be a uclibc specific problem.

Caj Nordström