[uClibc] [buildroot] Patch file in root dir, failure to apply binutils patches

michael tesch tesch1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:53:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:24:14 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at enix.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:21:20PM +0200, michael tesch wrote :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why should patches in the main directory be applied?
>
> I don't want them to be applied. I was just working, and saw that having
> .patch files in the main directory makes the compilation process fail in
> a strange way.

hehe, yep, I understand now, funny how it only too me 5 mins to do
exactly the same thing :o)

> I thought that other people could face the same problem.
>
> > > Another problem : if you try make clean, it fails :
> > >
> > > =====================================================
> > > Thomas at patator:~/test2-buildroot/buildroot$ make clean
> > > make
> > > DESTDIR=/home/u1/Thomas/test2-buildroot/buildroot/build_mips/staging_dir
> > > -C
> > > /home/u1/Thomas/test2-buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_mips/sed-4.0.8
> > > uninstall
> > > make: ***
> > > /home/u1/Thomas/test2-buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_mips/sed-4.0.8:
> > > No such file or directory.  Stop.
> > > make: *** [host-sed-clean] Error 2
>
> What about this second problem ?

I dont know, I dont use any of the make clean stuff, I just remove the
toolchain_build* and build_* directories.  One time I did a 'make distclean'
and was *very* surprised that it deleted my entire download directory, which
I use for other things besides building uclibc, that was sort of, unpleasant.

Another thing I've changed in buildroot is to add the option to apply
local patches to uClibc by putting them in the directory sources/uclibc,
a patch for that is attached.

mt