[uClibc] Re: The naming wars continue...

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Tue Oct 26 08:19:30 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:42, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Oct 26, 2004 at 10:32:48AM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> > This should be removed.
> >
> > cd /usr/lib; ln -s /usr/X11R6/* .
>
> In uClibc 0.9.26, /etc/ld.so.conf was not supported....
>
> > 	or
> > echo /usr/X11R6/lib >>/etc/ld.so.conf
> >
> > are the better ways to handle this
> > (I use first one)
>
> With current CVS, /usr/X11R6/lib is still included IFF you
> do not have support for /etc/ld.so.conf,

Cool!

But how would it play together with glibc's /etc/ld.so.conf?
There may be a need to have them separated...

I am asking this because I am in a midst of attempt
to make it possible to run binaries compiled for uclibc
on "normal" (glibc) system.

So far, I am wrestling with stuffing all uclibc libs
into separate [/usr]/libu, because I see no way
for uclibc-compiled glib to peacefully coexist with
glibc-compiled one.

(The immediate goal is to have uclibc Midnight Commander to
run on glibc system without breaking stuff. That's why I need
both glibc- and uclibc-compiled glib)

NB: imho all Erik's stuff absolutely rocks.
--
vda