[uClibc] undefined reference to `__dn_expand'

Shaharyar Awan shaharyarawan at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 05:35:24 UTC 2004

I am trying to port the SIP Express Router on a mips
board and uClibc. 'make' stops every time at this
error:

db.o lex.yy.o cfg.tab.o -lfl -ldl -lresolv -o ser
resolve.o: In function `dns_srv_parser':
resolve.o(.text+0x3dc): undefined reference to
`__dn_expand'
resolve.o: In function `dns_naptr_parser':
resolve.o(.text+0x90c): undefined reference to
`__dn_expand'
resolve.o: In function `dns_cname_parser':
resolve.o(.text+0xab4): undefined reference to
`__dn_expand'
resolve.o: In function `get_record':
resolve.o(.text+0xf40): undefined reference to
`__res_search'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ser] Error 1

I have checked that libresolv is present in the
toolchain. Can someone help me solve this problem?

Regards,
Shaharyar