[uClibc] libtool problem

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Thu Oct 7 17:01:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 09:42, Sander Knopper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to compile xfsprogs with my newly built buildroot and it gave me
> a libtool related error. First of all it complained about some errors
> in /usr/bin/libtool itself. When I took a look I saw that there were a lot of
> variabled declared regarding to paths used in the buildroot building proces
> which aren't valid anymore at the moment you chroot into you buildroot.
>
> After fixing all the paths in there I tried again and it then gave me this
> error:
>
> /usr/bin/libtool --mode=compile gcc -O1 -g -DNDEBUG -funsigned-char -Wall
> -I../include -DVERSION=\"2.6.13\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\"
> -DPACKAGE=\"xfsprogs\" -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.  -D_REENTRANT
> -fno-strict-aliasing -c bit.c
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> make[1]: *** [bit.lo] Error 1
> make: *** [default] Error 2

After you get past all that your going to run into a small problem with
mincore() while trying to compile said program.

uClibc does not seem to support this syscall as of yet.
You could probably work around it by using _syscall3() in the xfsprogs
but as of right now it's on the list of "wont compile with uClibc" till
such a time as mincore() support is added (if ever).
The mincore() system call itself does not appear to be part of POSIX or
the Single Unix Specification so that's perhaps why it's never been
implemented. See the manpage for more info.