[uClibc] Re: PATCH: corrections to uclibc (Erik Andersen)

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Thu Oct 7 13:30:18 UTC 2004

> On Wed Oct 06, 2004 at 08:54:08AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 October 2004 05:35 am, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > Appears so, but I wounder about LIB_ELF_LIBC{5,6}. Aren't these specific
> > > for glibc?
> >
> > eric would know best i think
>
> They are.  I don't mind them in 'ldd', since I believe ldd should
> be designed to work on any ELF binary.  But I suppose that for
> ldconfig we should be a bit more choosy, and support only uClibc.

How do you want to deal w/ following case:
sun-j2sdk does not exist for uclibc, and to be built it needs itself
(bootstrap)
I have enabled ldso-cache and put the needed glibc libs into
/usr/X11R6/lib6, added this to /etc/ld.so.conf and could use the glibc
version to bootstrap.
If you remove support for "foreign" libs from ldconfig this won't be
possible anymore.
I would rather make it a build-time option, so we don't loose this
possibility (until all ready-make binaries are delivered for uclibc too)

Peter