[uClibc] Confused by libm...

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Tue Nov 30 06:00:08 UTC 2004

Rob,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:18:02AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> I take it some of these headers come from gcc?  (Does anybody know how one
> uses the ieee754 stuff to test whether or not it's working?  Or is this
> intended for some strange non-intel platform...?)

The __ieee754_*() funcs were meant to be compliant with the IEEE 754
standard, which is _THE_ standard governing 32 and 64 bit floating
point behavior.  The library (originally from SUN and modified by
Apple) then provided compatibility wrappers for various other standards
like sysv and posix.  As all the compatibility cruft is pretty much
useless for our purposes, it is one of the things I'm removing.

Manuel