[uClibc] adventure with uwoody

Mike Kenzie kenziem at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 26 22:30:50 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 17:11, Mike Kenzie wrote:
> download  the uwoody filesystem from http://people.debian.org/~andersee/
> onto my dev machine
>
>  root_fs.i386.bz2        15-Aug-2004 01:22  19.9M
>
> then
>
> bunzip2 root_fs.i386.bz2
>
> The next step was to boot the laptop (Compaq aero) with tomsrbt and set
> up a plip connection them

insmod plip
edit /etc/hosts
ifconfig plip1 laptop pointopoint plipserver up
route add plipserver

> mount plipserver:/uwoody -tnfs /mnt
>
> then
>
> dd if=/mnt/root_fs.i386 of=/dev/hda3
>
> I restarted toms, and the plip connection
> I mounted the new uwoody partition
>
> mount /dev/ha3 -text2 /uwoody
>
> and copied over a kernel.

> It now booted but had several errors

rdev vmlinux /dev/hda3
created a tarball of the modules tar -cjf 2.4.10T .

> I corrected etc/fstab
> created a lilo.conf and reran /sbin/lilo
> and ran depmod
>
> Can't run resize2fs on a mounted file system.
>
> Booted from the Slackware boot disks and resized my partition.
> I now have 67000 1k blocks free!
>
> But eth0 and less are missing :(
> Now to get the networking going and get the toolchain going

brought the plip connection back up and downloaded a bunch of DEBs

dpkg -iE *

edit /etc/network/interfaces

Now gcc and the network are working and I'm down to 8965 blocks free.

/etc/apt/sources.list  pointed to www.uclibc.org
changed it to
people.debian.org/~andersee/

ran apt-get update

apt-get install fakeroot failed unmet dependencies dselect

downloaded fakeroot directly and used dpkg to install

apt-get source minicom

sh: dpkg-source: command not found
Unpack command 'dpkg-source -x minicom_1.83-1-4.5.dsc' failed.
E: Child process failed.

I now have a minicom_*.diff.gz, minicom_*.dsc and minicom_*.orig.tar.gz

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600
Machines to trade http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600/trade.html