[uClibc] Re: frv-uclibc port updates

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Sat Nov 20 11:02:27 UTC 2004

On 20 Nov 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2004, "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't think -nostdinc will be removed, because IMHO it is correct.
>
> > You should probably compare the frv port w/ some other arch, because mips
> > and x86 (these I know for sure) work. Maybe the links are done incorrectly
> > for frv (look for headers: in the diff. Makefiles)
>
> Ok, I see what's going on.  I had moved my toolchain to a dir other
> than the originally-configured prefix.  The toolchain works just fine
> under this set up, but the uClibc Makefile doesn't, because it assumes
> the originally-configured GCC install dir is the right location to
> look for GCC fix-included headers.  We'd be better off with:
>
>         $(CC) -print-file-name=include
>
> but you might still get unwanted headers from this, since this
> directory contains not only stddef and other GCC-generated headers,
> but also any headers originally from /usr/include (including say
> /usr/include/linux, /usr/include/asm-*) that GCC's install procedure
> deemed as in need of fixes to work properly with GCC.

Those "fixes" produced by gcc will cause trouble on any system. It's
better to remove those fixed headers completely.
I propose to remove all the headers that have the string
"It has been auto-edited by fixincludes from"

No distro I know installs these, and will for sure cause problems if you
update the original package that gcc thought needs to be fixed, because
gcc will find the fixed header instead of the newly installed one in
/usr/include/...

Peter