[uClibc] Using toolchain

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Mon Nov 15 11:40:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm having some troubles 'using' the toolchain.

I'm no guru when it comes to programming, and ALL I want to do is:

  - Compile latest BusyBox (1.00) against latest uClibc (0.9.26?)
  - Compile other 'slackware' packages against uClibc

I'm in the process of building a nice bootable cdrom using Linux, and
wanted
the uClibc to replace Libc.

Now I downloaded the toolchain tar, and unzipped it under /usr/src
Then I ran 'make' in the new directory... This all goes fine, without
any serious errors.

But now it comes... how do I use this stuff?

Eg, If I download the latest Bind daemon, and want to compile it using
this toolchain,
what do I need to do?
I found loads of stuff in the completed toolchain dir, but don't really
understand where
to go next.

I hope you understand I'm not stupid or anything, it's just my first
time using another
toolchain than slackware provides...

PS I have also looked into the buildroot, but couldn't get it to work
properly.
And yes, the root_fs_i386.bz2 works perfectly (in uml too), but I
couldn't get
busybox 1.00 compiled in there... It stoppes after some errors in
loop.c?!?
I also noticed that the uClibc in there wasn't the latest...

Anyways, just a few pointers would be great. Just to get me going.
Thanks in advance...
Rory Vieira
The Cool View

rory dot vieira at coolview dot nl
http colon slash slash www dot coolview dot nl